Twenty thirteen was a whirlwind for me. As my first year in business I really wasn’t expecting much when the year first started, my only goal was to have someone who wasn’t a close friend or family member book me; so when summer rolled around I was super excited when my first, second, and third “stranger” contacted me. By fall I was absolutely floored with the support I received. I had the absolute best clients this past year!
This past March I participated in the Unleash workshop through Light Inspired, and I’m SO glad that I did. It challenged me to really start thinking about my voice in the photography world, and my vision for my business…not going to lie, I struggled with this, a LOT. I realized that I really didn’t have a freaking clue what my “voice” was, and how in the heck was I supposed to be able to incorporate “me” into my business if I didn’t know who I was, or what I wanted to do? So I took a step back and tried to look at everything (good and bad) in my past and present and figure out what really spoke to me, what really made my heart sing…and I’ve slowly but surely started to incorporate that into FDP.
This photography journey that I’m on is proving to be so much more for me than just taking pretty pictures, it’s teaching me who I am, who I want to be, and for the first time in my life I’m starting to feel comfortable in my own skin, so to speak…and that’s huge for me. And so I’m very grateful for each and every one of you who reads this blog, follows along with the facebook page, and has supported me in one way or another on this journey.
So, I’d like to fill you all in on some EXCITING new changes that will be happening in my life! (and no, it’s not another baby. Ha!)
1. Last fall I found myself swamped. Between the kids, the farm, and my photography I started to feel like I was drowning a little. So, in an effort to stay on top of things (and have less mom guilt), I’ve decided to limit the amount of sessions I take on. So please, if you’re interested in booking a session contact me early so we can find a time that works! I will only be doing so many per month, and I hate to turn people away. 🙁
2. I’m taking classes this spring to become a hypnobirth instructor! After hypnobirthing 4 of my 5 babies it’s something that’s become very near and dear to my heart. I’m super stoked to get to teach other women just how amazing a thing it really is.
3. Forever Dear Photography will be getting a face lift SOON! I’m excited to be working with an amazing designer to make this little nook of the web a little more user friendly, and a little more “me”. Keep your eyes peeled for the launch of my re-brand.
4. I’m getting a studio! Only better. 😉 We are in the process of putting a pretty little cabin up on our property, so besides being a fun place for our family and friends to hang out, it will be doubling as my work space! Pictures will be posted as the project progresses. 🙂
5. I’m changing genres. Sort of. 😉 Remember the whole finding my vision thing? Well, when I first opened Forever Dear Photography I was adamant that I wanted to shoot newborns and only newborns. After taking on several, I’ve decided that it’s just not working for me at this point in time. With my kids as young as they are, and the unpredictability of newborn sessions, it’s gotten harder for me to be able to line up babysitters, and set up schedules. Now, I’m not saying that I won’t take on ANY, EVER, but I’m going to be cutting back, and doing very few per year. My “vision” has started to focus more on weddings, seniors, and boudoir photography. Which leads me to….
6. Starting in 2014 I will be offering boudoir sessions! They can be held either indoor or outdoor (weather permitting) on a private area of our farm. They will be tasteful, natural, simple, PG-13 rated sessions, that hint at sensuality, all the while maintaining your comfort level. If you are interested in booking a boudoir session, but not quite sure, please contact me for more details and to see my full portfolio.
Thank you all for your support in the past year! I’m excited to see what 2014 brings to FDP! Happy New Year!